If you know me, you know that I do not like “cardio” workouts, now whether or not you believe in cardio just stay with me here. I enjoy running once I get going, except I like to wander and my pace will change, and I love to talk and say hi to everyone. Those things alone, make it difficult for Abdullah and me to find a workout we can do together. I started working on my rope while he comprised for the treadmill on some of his running days. I decided to get my Mute out again. AND BOOM I fell in love with cardio exercise again.
What happens when a jump rope love affair makes friends with another couple from the Peach state? We come together to spread the joy of jumping. I am excited to announce that I am a brand ambassador of Mute Sports Equipment! They offer fully customizable jump ropes, heavy ropes, and ropes for the adaptive athlete, all made in the U.S.A.
Let’s get real about the speed rope. Here are top 5 reasons why I love my Mute.
1. Heart Rate. Jumping rope raises your heart rate quickly and can keep it up throughout your workout. This can be an effective cardiovascular workout in a short amount of time. And if you are like me, you only want a short amount of time dedicated to cardio.
2. Muscle. Jumping rope can aid with muscle endurance. You still need your strength workout, although jumping can help with toning and shaping the muscles.
3. Full Body. Jumping rope practically moves every muscle in the body. Seems obvious that it works the lower body, it also works the upper body and CORE. Jumping calls on shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, chest. Every time you jump and land you contract your core muscles.
4. Space. Minimal space required. Just enough room to clear the rope and maybe add in some push-ups! You can travel with it, just throw it in your bag and go!
5. Variety. There are so many ways to use the rope. Currently I am working on high knee skips, one foot landings, and double unders.
I am excited to join Tim and Laura to spread the love of jumping rope with the world. Want to know more about the rope? Want to learn how to bring the ropes to your studio or place of fitness? Reach out to me, I have the goods! Don't forget, use promo code JENERGY for a gift!
Thanks for reading!